A tasty breakfast recipe that’s vegan, feeds the family, and satisfies all your macros?
Don’t pinch yourself, you’re not dreaming!
These Vegan Breakfast Tacos add a twist to your standard breakfast and you can make them quickly to feed a family of 4.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Macros Per Portion
Calories 378 Kcal
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 small spring onions, sliced
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
350g silken (firm) tofu
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Black salt (kala namak), to taste
125g cooked black beans
1 avocado, sliced
Sambal oelek (to serve)
4 soft tortillas (to serve)
- Fry the chopped garlic and spring onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until both soften.
- Place the tomato halves cut side down on the pan and fry them in the same oil gently until they soften.
- Make some room and add a block of silken tofu breaking it into small pieces with a fork.
- Sprinkle with turmeric and black salt, stir and fry for another two minutes, just to warm through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pile black beans and tofu scramble onto warm tacos, decorate with avocado slices, black pepper, spring onion and chilli paste.
- Consume immediately (because how could you resist!)